Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top 10 Glee Songs (With Videos)

Hello all! In honor of last weeks TV Tuesday, and  the announcement that Glee has been picked up for two more seasons (5 and 6), this week I'll be doing My 10 Top Glee Songs.

There will be quite a few of these so, lets get started. I've added YouTube video for your listening pleasure. :)  

Girl on Fire- Performed by Santana 
Sorry, Alicia Key fans, she's got nothing on Miss Naya Rivera

Whistle- Performed by The Warblers 
When I first heard the original song, I was like "ohmygosh, terrible lyrics! I don't want to listen to this!" then, this happened and I couldn't stop listening to this version despite the dirty lyrics! Its good to know the Warblers are great even without Blaine!

Anything Goes/Anything You Can Do- Performed by Harmony

Man can that girl sing! For any of you that don't know its Lindsay Pearce from The Glee Project Season 1

Teenage Dream- Performed by The Warblers
Thanks to this song, Darren Criss stint on the show lasted beyond being Kurt's first boyfriend. (My speculation but, do you remember how fast this version climbed the charts?)

Creep- Performed by Rachel and Brody

I'm in the minority here, but I love the new Rachel. I thought this song was done extremely well.

Dream On- Perfomed by Mr. Shuester  and Bryan Ryan (Neil Patrick Harris)
Its going to be legen... wait for it... dary! Who doesn't love Neil Patrick Harris?! 

Next to Me- Performed by Rachel and Shelby (Idina Menzel) 
So, quick story. When I watched the pilot and saw Rachel auditioning for Glee club, I said to my friends "Hmm, she reminds me of Idina Menzel" and I wondered how long it would take for them to get her on the show. Well, obviously I was right because *SPOILER* Idina Menzel plays her mom! But anyway, this is amazing and I love these two Broadway stars! 

Total Eclipse of the Heart Performed by Rachel, Finn, Puck and Jesse
I listened to this non-stop after it aired. I love that I can pick out all of the guys singing. 

Thriller/Heads Will Roll- Performed by New Directions and the Football Team (Kind of)

This is just an amazing mash up! Glee always does well with mash ups :).

and last one...
Rolling in the Deep- Performed by Rachel and Jesse
I just love Lea Michelle (Rachel) and Jonathan Groff (Jesse) singing together. They have such amazing chemistry, no doubt because they stared on Broadway in Spring Awakening together. 


So, what did you think? Are these you would have picked for your top ten? Sound off in the comments below! 

Stay Beautiful, 
Kailey


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback!