Saturday, November 23, 2013

Spoiler Free Catching Fire Review

Yesterday (Friday) I had a "make up day" for school... did that stop me from going to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire? Absolutely NOT! 

As far as book to movie adaptations go, this is phenomenal. It is phenomenal on its own, of course, but especially for an adaptations.
Fans of the book will not be disappointed.
As always, there were some things from the book left out and a little flexibility with the timeline of things but all in all, it stayed very close to the book. The actors dialogue was expertly lifted off the pages of the book   word for word. 
The acting was incredible. The main players (Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, etc.) were of course, fantastic. But it was Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket and Sam Claflin as Finnick Odair who really stood out for me. I think its because we see so much character development from them in this movie. They both seem like they are these simple, prissy, one dimensional characters, and then they surprise you.  They could not have picked a better person to play Effie, Elizabeth Banks just pulls it off beautifully. As far as Finnick goes, he is not exactly what I pictured in my head (looks or acting wise) but I still believed this character as Finnick. Sam Claflin did a great job of taking on this role and making it is own, especially with so many people up in arms about who was to play Finnick. 
The cinematography was spot on.
Even with the change of directors, this movie flows very smoothly from the first film. If I hadn't known before I wrote this that this film had different directors, I really would not have noticed. 
The pacing of the movie was also really nice.  You hardly have time to process things that happen before something else is going on. Usually I wouldn't like that as much, but it works for this because it helps us get into Katniss' head. That is exactly what is happening and it really sells the story line.

All in all, I give this movie 4.5 out of 5 stars. 

I would love to say more but I don't want to give anything away.
Fans of the book, Go see it now! 
Fans of the first movie, Go see it now!
Already seen it? Go see it again!


Stay Beautiful,
Kailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback!