Friday, April 5, 2013

Healthy Cookies!

Hello again! 
For Fit Friday, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite healthy snacks! 
I can't take any credit for this recipe because I got it from the amazing "Raw Sistahs". Their focus? Living a well balanced, raw life! They have great videos on healthy food, diy projects and workouts! They even collaborate with the RawBrahs sometimes!  
Here's the original video:


So, if you're computer is too slow for you to watch that, or you want it for future reference, here is the recipe:

Ingredients: 
1 cup of oats 
1 handful of raisins (optional)
1 (or 1.5) banana
1 tbs of cinnamon 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit 
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, using your hands! 
  3. Coat your aluminum foil covered cookie sheet with non-stick substance (whatever you prefer)
  4. Shape mixture into cookie size pieces and put on cookie sheet
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes
Okay, my notes for this! 
- I use the microwave since I am in the dorms and that is more convenient! I put about 6 and nuke them for about 1 minute. Although, now I might try a bit longer to see how that tastes! 
- The first time I tried this, I had yogurt raisins instead of plain raisins so, I used those. Oh my gosh, it was SO GOOD. It tasted like melted chocolate but it was healthy! Yum! That takes away the vegan aspect though so, regular raisins work just as well :) 

Join me tomorrow when I reveal MY picks for the MTV Movie Awards! 
Stay beautiful,
Kailey







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback!