Friday, January 3, 2014

Violet Vox Box Review!


A while back, I received the #VioletVoxBox via influenster in the mail. I was super excited for these products and now we're going to get into the good, the bad, and the ugly. 
The Great
Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo
This dry shampoo is absolutely amazing. I was the girl who was over here thinking that there was no need for dry shampoo, I'd just use baby shampoo... its the same thing really. I couldn't have been more wrong. Firstly, this doesn't leave a grey film on my brunette hair. Secondly, it doesn't just dry up the oil, it actually makes your hair shiny. Not oily shiny, mind you, but shiny like you've just washed your hair. The only qualm I have with this is that by the end of the day, I feel like theres a lot of build up in my hair, which is a yucky feeling. However, this is the best Dry Shampoo I've ever used.

The Good
Sally Hansen's Triple Shine Nail Color in Reef Raf 
So, first I nearly died at the cuteness of the name, and I loved the color. I decided to spice it up and make it a little more winter-y with some silver nail polish I had lying around. I was disappointed with the first coat, but as I put on the second coat, I was pleasantly surprised. The best parts about this nail polish is the brush (which is big enough to get all of your nail in one swipe), and its long lasting power. My polish lasted about 3 days with no chips.. without a top coat, which I find pretty impressive.

Goody Athletique Headband
So I'll admit it... I don't do a lot of super athletic things and haven't yet used this in a super active setting. But, it is really great when I need to pull my hair back to wash my face and apply my make up. It doesn't move an inch, and it grabs every itty bitty hair. It fits very tightly to my head so, I'm sure it would hold up well on my more active days.

The Bad

SoyJoy Dark Chocolate Cherry 
I was thrilled when I un-boxed this SoyJoy bar however, I was sorely disappointed. Two words: weird aftertaste. Plus it has a really odd texture that I didn't like. It wasn't horrible and I ate it all, but it is just not my cup of tea.

The Ugly


Montagne Jeunesse Red Earth Clay Spa Masque
As you can see in the picture above, this mask didn't quite fit me. Apparently I have a tiny face. Which in turn made it awkward. The masque itself is alright. Not great, but not bad. Its just the one size fits all eye, nose, and mouth hole thing does not work for me. I wish they came in different sizes, like small, medium and large or something.  For now though...I would much rather stick to my regular, albeit messier, clay face masks.

Stay Beautiful,
Kailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback!