Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School Basics

In honor of my first day of classes (yesterday),
I thought it would be a good idea to go through some

(Google Image Search Result)

I didn't really need to go shopping for school supplies this year, which kind of makes me sad because I LOVE back to school shopping, but, its also kind of a happy thought because it means being FRUGAL, which is always a good thing when you're trying to purchase a home.

Anyway...
Here is my list of my 
TOP TEN ITEMS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL

1. Binders- So, depening on what I have a surplus of, I either do binders and loose leaf paper or notebooks+ folders. However, I have come to the realization that I like binders much better. 
Really, its just a personal preference thing but I like that I can hole punch anything and keep it organized. I also feel like it stays more organized because I can rearrange notes and such.
2.Paper- This one is sort of obvious. I mean you need something to take notes on. While some teachers will let you take notes on your computer... which can help you to organize your notes better, I find  that when I use my computer to take notes in class I just end up getting distracted. I also don't read over my notes as often, for some reason. 
3. Multi-colored Pens- For taking notes, and even in-class assignments, I like using pens. Its just more festive and bright than using a pencil. I like to alternate the colors in my notes so that the different dates are clear but, again, that is a personal preference. These are also great to color code your planner!
4. Pencils- However dull they may seem, pencils are still an essintail part of school. Some tests require that you take them with a Number 2. What I end up using my pencil the most for is writing in books (gasp! I know), as an English major, its often necessary for me to write notes in stories or novels and I would rather do that with something erasable and faint.
5. Pencil Sharpener- This is a no brainer, if you have a pencil, you'll need a way to sharpen it! There is nothing worse than being in the middle of a test with no sharpener in sight!
6.Mini Stapler- These little babies are super handy to have around. Trust me, everybody will be wanting to use it in class!
7. Post It Notes- These are so good to have around! I'm not even going to begin to explain all the uses for post it notes... there are too many to count.
8.  Index Cards- I know there are a lot of flashcard apps but, to me, nothing beats the good old-fashioned index cards.
9. Big Pink Erasers- These are great to have around with your pencils for those bigger mistakes.
10.  Colored Pencils/Markers- These are great not only for projects but also for notes and coloring maps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback!